I’m about to start my Christmas baking today and this is usually a cookie that I make. This year, since I’m a little short on time I’m passing on it… I’ll pull it back out again next year though!
I’ve made these macaroons for weddings and Christmas and they are always a huge hit!
Macaroon’s with Chocolate Chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups flaked or shredded sweetened coconut
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 325, line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. in a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla and salt.
3. stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.
4. drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
5. bake 1 sheet at a time, until the cookies are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
6. remove the sheet to a cookie rack and let stand until cookies are completely cool.
my notes: I have never used pecans, only the chocolate chips. I also let the cookies cool for about a minute on the sheet then I move to a cooling rack. I always double this recipe. One can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz) and two bags of coconut seem to do the trick. I use the entire bag because well, why throw the little bit of leftover away? Since the can of milk is a bit bigger than I need by about 2 oz then it compensates for the extra coconut. One batch makes about 20 – 24 cookies.
If you like to keep your recipes stored in your google docs account, here is a direct link!